The summer of 2011 is just around the corner and the Booze Dancers are on the hunt for the perfect summer brew(s). Here are the search criteria:
- Beer must be available in cans (no glass)
- Beer must be both refreshing and tasty
- Beer must be widely available
- ABV must be below 7% (Session worthy)
- “Big Beers” will be considered but must be full flavor brews (no Bud or Miller, please!)
- Beer must cost less than $8 per 6 pack. Extra points to cheap and tasty brews.
- No Light or “Lite” beers
So far here are the brews we are considering:
From Sly Fox: Phoenix Pale Ale, Pikeland Pils, & Rt. 113 IPA
From Anderson Brewing: Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema
From Butternuts Beer and Ale: Hennieweisse Weissebier & Porkslap Pale Ale
From Oscar Blues: Mama’s Little Yella Pils & Dale’s Pale Ale
From Saranac: Saranac Pale Ale
From 21st Amendment: Brew Free or Die IPA & Hell or High Watermelon
Watch “It’s Just the Booze Dancing …” over the next few weeks for reviews and our final selections for refreshment this summer.
So what are you favorite canned summer brews? We want to know. List your choice in the comments section below. We’ll add your favorite brew to our search (if we can find it here) and see how it stacks up against our contestants.